2014 was a big year for us, guys.
For one, we published our first book (it’s about Automatons and the Greek god Hephaestus–kind of).
ALSO: Gabbler recommended a lot of stuff (Gabbler has great taste in stuff), we cataloged some writing tidbits (quotes from people more important than us and so on), and, last but not least, we wrote a couple of original posts that really help capture our year that was 2014 on this CIRCO blog (we’ve chosen 14 to be exact):
1) We wrote a post about 10 things you might not know about THE AUTOMATION (our 2014 novel)–using GIFs!!!
2) Gabbler went on a rant in an essay about what literature qualifies as art.
3) We posted the first chapter of THE AUTOMATION on our blog.
4) And then, later on in the year, we posted about how you can read the first five chapters of THE AUTOMATION for free too.
5) We posted an interesting excerpt from a book about statues and Pandora. You should check it out.
6) We gave our novel’s cover nipple pasties at one point because we are classy like that.
7) We talked a bit about why Zoella having a ghostwriter write her first novel matters.
8) We posted this thing about the Automatons in THE AUTOMATION and how they are different from just regular automatons (capital-A, thank you).
9) Gabbler posted an essay titled “What we talk about when we talk about post-apocalyptic stories”–which spoke a lot about our tendency to romanticize natalism in the genre.
10) Right after #9, Gabbler wrote another essay titled “On Interstellar: You know who else wanted to explore with the intent of inhabiting new land and using its resources? Conquistadors.” Needless to say, Gabbler did not like Interstellar.
11) We made this observation on Homer and recorded it here.
12) We asked the question “Why didn’t J.K. Rowling self-publish as Robert Galbraith?” Seriously, why?
13) BLA and Gabbler had a little argument over mythologists, recorded here.
14) We posted an excerpt from our book about the Midas touch here: “…When her finger left, it was no longer just a plastic, black ashtray. It was a golden ashtray.”
Here is to 2015! May the gods scheme ever in your favor.
P.S. Today’s the last day to enter our giveaway. Bring in the new year with some ancient myth!
[“BLA and GB Gabbler” (really just a pen name) are the Editor and Narrator behind THE AUTOMATION, vol. 1 of the Circo del Herrero series. They are on facebook, twitter, tumblr, and goodreads.]
B&N | Amazon | Etc.